Monday, January 27, 2014

Womenspiration: Emily Maynard

I follow various authors and bloggers, many of which I hold similar views to and many of which I do not, though all of these writers broaden my horizons and invite me to think on a deeper level, which I appreciate greatly. People will do that if we allow them, because every person has his or her own individual story to share, a lens through which he or she is seeing the world, and when we put on another person's binoculars, we get a glimpse of the world that we otherwise may not have ever gotten the opportunity to see. Other people grow us. Our thoughts and experiences help shape each other, help mold one another, and this is important.

Each person has a story to tell, and my favorite authors are ones who not only share their lives but ones who inspire me with their lives. Emily Maynard is like that for me. Authentic and funny, she blogs her creativity in a space called Emily is Speaking Up. Writing her way through graduate school, she shares her thoughts on various topics, most of which pertain to the Christian faith and all of which regard living a faithful life.

Sidenote: the world needs more women speaking up about living the Christian life.

All about that women empowerment, womenspiration, in the name of Jesus.

Anyway, if you've got the time pop on over and read some of Emily's work. Her opinions may stretch you a bit (she's from Portland, after all), but I think perhaps this is why I love her work so much: it's real, raw, and Christ-centered. It stimulates my creativity and forces me to think on a deeper level.

What bloggers, authors, or people inspire you? I'd love to hear your recommendations. I'm always on the lookout for more Jesus-feminists.