Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Common College Life: Ten Lessons They Don't Teach You in School

Most of the role models in my life are people I know directly, and then I do have a few that I aspire to be like based on their actions reflective of their values (examples: Katie DavisBeth Moore). When it comes to celebrities, there are few that I strongly admire-mostly because I tend to be out of the Hollywood loop. However, there are some I do look up to for what they've done with their lives or what they stand for.

One of those people is Lauren Conrad, reality TV star turned author, blogger, and fashionista. Now, you may have your own views of her built up in your head, and some may be right while others not so much, but before we continue let me clarify: I am not advocating her past TV series-that I really don't know much about at all-such as Laguna Beach or The Hills (and in fact I really don't enjoy reality shows all that much with the exception of Catfish and every show on HGTV). It's possible to agree with certain aspects of what a person stands for without agreeing upon every single point, and that's how I feel about Lauren Conrad. She may not be perfect (oh wait...I'm not either), but overall I really admire her ambition to achieve her goals and I appreciate much of what she posts on her personal blog, and as I was browsing online earlier this afternoon I stumbled across a post of hers that I want to share with all of the college students out there. School is starting next week for some and has already started for many, and though study tips are vital and skipping class will only hurt you rather than help, there are far more valuable lessons to take to heart that you won't learn in a classroom. To read Lauren's advice on ten things school won't teach you, view the linked photo below.