Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Favorite Playlist

There are some songs that put me in the absolute best mood, most of them being from my childhood or a favorite musical of mine. Today was one of those days where I just wanted to listen to a playlist where I knew every word of each song. I wanted a playlist that would be fun and happy! I started the morning with the broadway version of 'Defying Gravity' by Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. If you've ever heard this song, then you know the effects the lyrics can have on the soul. Needless to say, after listening to this song on my morning run, I felt as if I could defy gravity...or at least go and conquer my math class. If one song put me in the best mood, then of course an entire playlist of my favorite songs would do exceedingly more. I have playlists for different moods or circumstances, the ones I listen to the most being, 'Vegging Out', 'Workout Music', and, my personal favorite, 'Fun Faves'. I think sometimes in life, and definitely in college, one just needs to have some silly fun and let loose. For me, that means to put together a playlist of blissful songs, push play, and dance around my room singing every word. Here is the playlist that I titled, 'Fun Faves':

Defying Gravity by Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel
Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious by Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke
Zipp-A-Dee-Doo-Da by James Baskett
I Wanna Be Like You (The Monkey Song) by Phil Harris
I Won't Say I'm in Love by LaChanze and Cheryl Freeman
A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton
Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine
Long Live by Taylor Swift
Halo/Walking On Sunshine Mashup by Glee Cast
Everytime We Touch by Cascada
This is Me by Demi Lovato
I Can't Wait by Hilary Duff
The Tide is High by Atomic Kitten
Why Not by Hilary Duff
What Dreams Are Made Of by The Lizzie McGuire Soundtrack
Pieces of Me by Ashlee Simpson
A Spoonful of Sugar by Julie Andews
It's a Beautiful World by Jump5
Start of Something New by High School Musical Soundtrack
Breaking Free by HSM Soundtrack
You Are the Music in Me by HSM Soundtrack
On the Steps of the Palace by Into the Woods Broadway Version
Into the Woods by Into the Woods Broadway Version
Ever After Into the Woods Broadway Version
Let's Go Fly a Kite by David Tomlinson and Dick Van Dyke
Brighter Than the Sun by Colbie Caillat
We Are Golden by Mika
Grace Kelly by Mika
Billy Brown by Mika