Saturday, August 3, 2013

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)-Hillsong United

The Lord is all around, ever-present, with us always.

His goodness is here. His love is overwhelming.

My soul yearns for Him.

Just like I grab coffee with my dear friends to catch up on the happenings of life, so too do I make quality time with my God to pour out my heart to Him and to receive His wisdom, grace, and love. This sort of experience is often called 'soaking', 'dwelling in His Presence', or even 'going on a God date', but no matter what we title it, this time can most definitely be seen as precious and intentional. We all need to take time for the Lord. He has called us into a personal, one-on-one relationship with Him so that we can receive the weight of His glory-though we can not possibly comprehend His holiness. Times like this give me simply a glimpse of His beauty, but the truth is, that's more than enough.

One of my favorite songs to play while I'm 'soaking' is 'Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)' by Hillsong United.



It reminds me to not only take steps of faith but to live moment-by-moment in faith, which can only come by depending on the Holy Spirit, which consists of listening to His promptings, speaking to Him in prayer, and much, much more. Spend some time with God today. It'll be the most rejuvenating event you'll experience all day.