Saturday, January 26, 2013

Break Number One

Dear readers,

The Lord is asking me to take a break from my blog-a sort of fast, if you will-for an unknown period of time for a few known reasons:
  • To keep my focus, pride, and humility in check (posting anything via social networking can easily be manipulated into selfishness-perhaps we should all take a break from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
  • So I can give even more of my time and heart to Him
  • As preparation for a new series I will be starting on my return
I feel the need to let readers know about this break so that each of you knows the reason for the temporary ceasing of posts being imported to your email. If you've stuck with me this far, then I am so glad. I hope the words the Lord has put on my heart have blessed you in some way. My current season of life is one of transition and knowledge growth of different aspects of my life (though most every one seemingly is, I suppose), and I want to focus solely on my Father and all that He is teaching me in this time. I'm about to begin a study of the Old Testament with a dear friend of mine and am very much looking forward to sharing my knowledge gained via this blog in the future, but for now what seems best is to take a blogging break so that I can fully devote my attention to this study.

I'm considering this break a fast of sorts because during this time-and this is the most important reason for this fast most certainly-I will daily prayerfully give over my blog to the Lord for His use and purposes. I want to ask Him to refresh my heart and mind for the blog's future use, and I also want to saturate the future words, topics, readers, and mindsets in prayer solely for the purposes of my blog's use in furthering the Kingdom. The title of this post is Break Number One because there may be additional breaks taken in the future.

Though I will miss blogging for a bit, I'm incredibly excited for this break, too.

Until the Lord brings me back,

Lauren