Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not For a Moment (After All)- Meredith Andrews

We all have times when our hearts stray from our Maker. You, like me, have probably experienced a feeling of loneliness at one point or another, when we are waiting or calling or hoping and it feels like grace isn't there. My freshman year of college saw many times such as these, when I wondered what faith was and where God was and what He was doing in my life.

Now, looking back, it's hard to imagine that I ever could've doubted the Lord's faithfulness, because it's quite clear that in my weakest moments, His power was made perfect. He bound my wandering heart to Him, something that I encourage you to consistently pray for. Our hearts are faulty and deceiving, which is why we are told in the Word to guard them well.

Today I'm just feeling called to share encouragement with you. I encourage you to pursue righteousness, even when it's hard. I encourage you to pray for your wandering heart to be bound to the Father. I encourage you to perhaps take a step back from your circumstances and try to see what the Lord is teaching you. Is He teaching you to trust Him more? Is He showing you what it means to cry out to Him instead of against Him? Does He want you to know that His grace is sufficient-no matter what else you may think you want or need?

One more point: hold on to the promises. The Bible tells us to imprint God's commandments on our hearts and minds, talking about them when we rise and throughout our day, dwelling on scripture so that is resonates with our souls and is hope to us in times of need. We are given scripture for a reason. If we do not read it, take it in, study it, and strive to understand it more in order to apply it to our lives, then we are bypassing one of the greatest-if not the greatest-resource we have to navigate life.

One of my favorite passages-and promises- is Romans 8:35-39:

'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: ''For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered''. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death or life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any other powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord'.

Meredith Andrews has a song out that clearly portrays the heart of someone lost and lonely and the heart of a loving Father who's very nature is to stand firm through the fiercest drought and storm. It's quickly climbing the list of favorites.