Sunday, March 31, 2013

Oh How I Need You (Happy Easter)

This morning I, like so many other people, am grateful for Jesus Christ, because I, like so many other people, am a broken, sad, weary sinner-on my own. I need Jesus Christ. He redeems and restores me, and it is by His beautiful power that I have freedom and righteousness and beauty and everything good.

I'm really into this band right now called All Sons and Daughters, and as I woke this morning and cooked scrambled eggs while wearing my bright sunshine-yellow apron (quickly becoming one of my favorite pastimes), I couldn't help but dance around my kitchen in praise to my Father, because, as this song so beautifully states, I need Him. I need to know Him, for that is to love Him. I need Him, and I love that, and as I dwell on the truth this morning that Jesus Christ rose from the grave, defeating death and Satan and all things bad, I am ever grateful.